Our vision is for young people in Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and Quintana Roo, Mexico to have the highest levels of reproductive and sexual health.
Our mission is to promote and support the development of young leaders to act as catalysts for social change that will vastly expand Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) choices, services, policies, and programs at the community, national, and regional levels in Central America.
- Invest in young people by empowering and supporting individual participants’ vision to create change
- Achieve results by encouraging strategic thinking, innovation, and inter-sectoral collaboration to maximize impact
- Shift the context for adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights in the region by enhancing participants’ leadership capacity, commitment, and vision to transform programs and policies.
- To improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights programs, policies, and outcomes in Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Quintana Roo, Mexico by developing the next generation of young leaders in the region.
- To strengthen the capacity of organizations working locally to create lasting improvements in sexual and reproductive health and rights for young people in their countries.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES
- Through the implementation of a Spanish speaking program, increase the knowledge, commitment, competency, and effort of Spanish-speaking youth leaders who will work to improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health in Guatemala, Honduras and Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- Improve the capacity of English-speaking young leaders to address ASRH in the six districts of Belize through the implementation of an English-speaking GOJoven Program in Belize.
- Strengthen the capacity and engagement of GOJoven Alumni in strengthening, implementing, and guiding GOJoven in all focus countries through their active participation, commitment, and leadership within the Program.
- Expand the capacity and commitment of organizations and government institutions that employ current and Alumni Fellows and other youth leaders to develop and implement projects that can advance ASRH and youth development.