Para ver esta pagina en español, haga click aquí.
GOJoven is a pioneer in youth leadership development and mobilization. The GOJoven model is youth-led, local, diverse, and inclusive. Since 2004, GOJoven has been building the capacity of young leaders and organizations to create positive change in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) programs, policies, and services in Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, and Quintana Roo, Mexico.
In 2013 the GOJoven Honduras Fellows established Asociación GOJoven Honduras, a new youth-led and youth-serving organization.
GOJoven Honduras promotes comprehensive development to improve the quality of life of adolescents and youth through capacity-building, collective advocacy and a focus on guaranteeing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all youth in Honduras.
GOJoven Honduras strives to be a nationally and internationally recognized organization that drives cutting edge and evidence-based political, social, and cultural transformation, with emphasis on promoting sexual and reproductive rights to guarantee comprehensive development for the diverse populations of Honduras.
Comprehensive Development: Train, inform, and educate youth and adolescents about SRHR, employment, professionalism, public safety, and the environment.
Institutional Strengthening: Build organizational capacity in order to respond to the social demands of youth and adolescents in Honduras.
Advocacy: Advocate for compliance with national and international development policies, with particular emphasis on youth and SRHR.
Resource Mobilization: Obtain financial, human, and logistical resources to amplify coverage of GOJoven Honduras initiatives.
Achievements of GOJoven Honduras between 2004 & 2013:
• Reached more than 13,000 youth and adolescents throughout Honduras with SRHR trainings and information to reduce adolescent pregnancy, HIV transmission and sexually transmitted infections
• Opened youth friendly spaces and clinics to meet the SRH needs of hundreds of adolescents and youth
• Advocated alongside local and international coalitions to ensure that comprehensive sexuality education is part of secondary school curricula
• Leveraged grant funding to create and implement innovative initiatives to reduce HIV transmission in LGBTQI youth and gender-based violence on public transportation
• Developed radio and television programming to inform hundreds of youth of their SRHR
• Created interactive training tools to offer expanded sexual and reproductive health education to youth and adolescents
Download the GOJoven Honduras Fact Sheet.
Contact GOJoven Honduras:
Jinna Rosales, Interim Executive Director
German Sandoval, Board President
Office: Col. Florencia norte, Edificio CH Inversiones S.A., Piso 2, Local 7A sobre el Blv. Suyapa, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Telephone: 011 (504) 2235-6501