Para ver esta página en el español, haga clic aquí.
GOJoven is a pioneer in youth leadership development and mobilization. The GOJoven model is youth-led, local, diverse, and inclusive. Since 2004, GOJoven has been building the capacity of young leaders and organizations to create positive change in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) programs, policies, and services in Quintana Roo, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras.
In 2013 the GOJoven Mexico Fellows established Mexico y Caribe Jovenes (GOJoven México), a new youth-led and youth-serving organization.
To empower adolescents and young people in Mexico to exercise their human rights, particularly their sexual and reproductive health rights.
We envision a country where adolescents and youth are healthy, informed and exercising their human rights with access to high quality and youth-friendly health services and sex education within a larger framework of sustainable development.
- Impact programs, services, and policies around ASRH and strengthen public health and education systems at the community, departmental, national, and regional level in Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- Improve ASRH outcomes in Quintana Roo, Mexico by training youth, educators, and service providers in ASRH.
- Support sustainable development of youth leadership and capacity in ASRH.
Achievements of GOJoven in Quintana Roo between 2004 and 2013
- Implemented 9 community-based Leadership Action Plans that directly trained and educated more than 3,000 youth and adolescents, particularly marginalized indigenous youth, throughout Quintana Roo with ASRH trainings and information to reduce adolescent pregnancy, HIV transmission and sexually transmitted infections
- Opened a youth friendly space to improve access to health services and ASRH information for close to 1,000 mainly indigenous youth
- Advocated alongside local and international coalitions to ensure that comprehensive sexuality education be made part of secondary school curricula
- Trained over 200 detained youth in the State Guardian Council on ASRH and rights
- Participated in developing the National Youth Law and incorporating ASRH and Rights
- Published over 50 newspaper articles and radio spots informing thousands of youth and the public on ASRH and rights
- Co-founder and civil society representative to the Quintana Roo State Network on ASRH
Download the GOJoven Mexico Fact Sheet
Contact México y Caribe Jóvenes