Our vision is young leaders promoting and protecting human rights everywhere.
Our mission is to develop and support young leaders and their organizations to advance wellness, education, sustainable development, and civic participation across the globe.
- We can change the world by investing in youth. GOJoven empowers & supports individual participants’ vision to create positive change in their lives, communities, & countries
- Different points of view make us stronger. GOJoven encourages strategic thinking, innovation, & inter-sectoral collaboration to maximize impact
- Systems change when youth get involved. GOJoven shifts the context for adolescent SRHR in the region by enhancing participants’ leadership capacity, commitment, & vision to transform programs & policies
In the current phase of GOJoven, graduates from each country are developing a strategic plan & an independent organizational structure, mobilizing youth & organizations to create better youth & adolescent SRHR policies, services, programs & resources. Together with local, regional, & international organizations, GOJoven will contribute to the healthy & productive lives of youth & adolescents in the region. To support our Fellows as they create their own programs, click here.
GOJoven Fellowship Program Goals:
- To improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights programs, policies, and outcomes in Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Quintana Roo, Mexico by developing the next generation of young leaders in the Mesoamerican region.
- To strengthen the capacity of organizations working locally to create lasting improvements in sexual and reproductive health and rights for young people in their countries.
GOJoven Fellowship Program Stategies:
As of 2014, the Program has trained more than 200 young leaders and over 400 local organizations and government institutions to improve SRHR. Teams from each country have designed and implemented 41 SRHR Leadership Action Plans reaching over 27,000 young people, and hundreds of organizations.