Throughout 2014 we will be sharing PHI’s numerous accomplishments to improve the public’s health in California, in the US, and across the globe. This includes highlighting the important impact of our numerous programs and projects on thousands of people, organizations and communities.
Each month PHI will highlight a specific area of work and plot PHI programs’ contributions to that area on a timeline.
- In January PHI began by providing an overview of the 50th Anniversary
- In February PHI highlighted GOJoven’s work in the area of Women, Children and Youth
- March focused on Tech and Innovation projects
- April highlighted PHI’s large body of work in Food Policy, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Prevention
- In May PHI focused on GOJoven’s growing work in Environmental Health and Climate Change
While PHI is turning 50, our Youth Leadership in Sexual and Reproductive Health Program (GOJoven) is turning 10! Over the years we have collaborated with over 200 youth leaders and their organizations in four countries, and now our graduates are creating a regional movement of young leaders in sexual and reproductive health and rights. GOJoven graduates are working hard to establish their own organizations to further the mission of GOJoven:
For over 10 years GOJoven has been inspiring youth leaders with the power of change to ensure that youth human rights are promoted and protected everywhere. Stay up to date with GOJoven’s progress in the region by liking us on Facebook and subscribing to news updates below.